Getting your home designed can be a huge task as there are lots of Do’s and Don’ts to worry about. Many people know their likes and dislikes but have a hard time figuring out where and how to begin. In such a moment of chaos, you can reach out to the Best interior design company in India. They can help you out in taking up the designing work for you by keeping in mind all the basic rules and are confident enough to create your dream home.
Have a look at some of the basics you should keep in mind while designing your home.
- Make a Plan: Whatever work you do; preparation is the key to interior design. Before you begin to do anything, you should come up with a plan. A well-planned interior design would help you to make informed decisions, have the time and clarity of mind to consider all the options in front of you. If there is no proper plan, you might run into issues, would be pressurised and the options would remain restricted. Consider plumbing, appliances, furniture, paint colour, and even minor details. This way you could gain a clear idea of how a finished room might look.
- Bigger is Better: If you are in doubt, go big! If you opt for something bigger than you expected, fret not. It is probably right. Some people might end up opting for small furniture which might be too small and look lost within the space. Light fitting, rugs, art, and mirror would often look better when they are larger, in smaller rooms. Large rugs in living rooms put the furniture together which would look more appealing. Some items might seem larger than you would expect for the room size but once everything is set, it would make perfect sense.
- Brave and Confident: Good design would need confidence and if you need a perfect home, you will have to take the ideas and run with them. Never be half-hearted about things. Once you decide to add something to the house, stick with the decision and implement the same. You could mix and match with the colours or have a contrasting look that can be attractive with a statement décor or furniture.
- Embrace What you Have: When you are looking up for design, it can be easy to get caught up and imitate the style of other people’s interiors. However, when you add this to your own home, the task turns out to be tougher than being simple. Elements like the amount of natural light within the house, shape, and size of the room, architectural style, etc. might be a hindrance to your plans. Find out the most interesting aspect of the room you would like to design. Highlight those features and look for inspiration in the décor you plan to use for the room. If you have a picture, try to pinpoint the aspect you love in the picture. It can be the fabric, texture, or even the mood you would like to create in the room. Once such elements have been identified, you can add them to your design that works with your space.
- Your Viewpoint counts: When you are positioning any décor or arranging something, consider your viewpoint. This would apply to furniture and décor items. As you might use the sofa to watch TV and welcome the guests to your home, the TV should be positioned at eye level when you are seated. This is more about the function than the aesthetics. However, both are important elements of good design. Artwork and pictures might be hung too high in usual cases. Hence, you have to consider the scale of the room and the average eye level. After all, you wouldn’t want your guests to admire the pictures or décor by looking above the eye level which is out of their comfort zone.
- Lighting is Very Important: Speaking of interior design, lighting is one of the most important factors which should be considered. It is usually overlooked and might go to extremes – too much lighting or too little lighting. Good lighting can make everything look better and is essential for creating moods and highlighting the focus points. Good lighting helps in the proper functionality of the room. You can add mood lightings that can be adjusted during day and night time or according to different moods. Plan this well as this is one of the first elements you might have to tackle. Good lighting would go seamlessly with your house. A room with the perfect amount of lighting would look ideal. Check out their website: https://radvi.com/in
- Create Focal Point in Each Room: When you walk into a room, the focal point can easily grasp your attention. It establishes a style and personality of its own in the room. The focal point need not be overly dramatic which might look awkward in certain cases. The room needs to have a certain presence. It can be a beautiful piece of furniture, piece of art, or architectural features like a stunning window or a statement light. You could also add to the focal point to enhance the functionality of the area. For example, if you have a statement light, you can add a unique styled huge cushion chair and a bookshelf to make it a cozy reading corner in the house.
Say Yes to Empty Spaces: Some areas are good to be left empty. It can be within the floor layout or on the walls. A little space can allow the room to breathe and prevent the cluttered look. It can also create contrast and allow other areas of the room to have their moment. Just because you see a space doesn’t mean that you have to fill it with décor or furniture. If you have a serene bathroom, leave the walls bare and let it look empty. This would draw eyes to the freestanding bath and allows you to appreciate the place as it is rather than filling up every space in the house with décor and furniture that might give a cluttered look.