Use Bi-Fold Doors to Add Versatility and a Style to the Entryway of Your House
If you are looking for a full view of your surroundings once the doors to your home are open, bi-fold doors are for you. Their slim frame enables a good view even with doors closed. Bi-fold doors are usually made with glass panes secured with aluminum or timber frames.
The number of panels in a bi-fold door can range between 2-7 to enable easy sliding and stacking against the wall. The panels are arranged with a tracking system and wheels that make their operation smooth and quiet.
You can buy traditional aluminum panel bi-fold doors from The Bifolding Door Factory website. They are competitive and professional and with many attractive designs to choose from. They also offer comprehensive guarantees on all their bi-fold doors all across the UK.
Advantages of a bi-fold door
These doors are a great addition for home extensions and have the following advantages up their sleeves:
- They can be customized in terms of the number of panels, frame size, and material.
- They are easy in maintenance and come with many security features to enable the safety of your home and your family.
- They are also good at protecting from extreme weather conditions such as a hurricane.
- They provide excellent insulation to the house.
Factors that affect the configurations of bi-fold doors
The right configuration of a bi-fold door will allow it to have the right number of panels that either opens in one direction or folds in a series of moves. All this depends upon these 6 factors:
- Your budget will determine how many panels you can afford in a door.
- The door should be able to fit in the opening you have in your house and its opening and closing should not be interfered with by any nearby structures.
- The color of the door should be able to camouflage with the interiors of your house.
- The door should have all the essential safety features.
- The door threshold should be able to provide better protection.
- Lastly, the thickness of the frames when folded against a wall should not interfere with your view of the surroundings.
Is screening essential?
The screening of a bi-fold door is easy and does not interfere with its operation. Screening also protects your house from fly and mosquito attacks. Flyscreens are important because:
- They keep the insects away and protect you and your children from any mosquito-borne illness.
- They are elegant and add a new dimension to the bi-fold doors.
- They allow the inside air to feel fresh while you enjoy the outside view without any interference.
You can either choose a pleated screen for a more streamlined approach or a retractable screen that rolls out like a cassette to the top of your entryway.
Bi-fold doors are versatile and can be customized to fit well in your space. They are good at providing a seamless transition point between and can also be used to upgrade your garden landscape. They also give a wider appearance to your entryway and make a stylish statement.
Ask an expert architect if the bi-fold door is what your home needs and ask them to establish the size and number of panels would provide the best functionality.